Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

They say I am different from you…But I feel you are my brother…



I also have a mother who loves me more than anything…just like you
I also have a father who works day long to feed my family…just like you
I also have a sister whom I play with…just like you
I also go to school to learn…just like you
I also play with my friends…just like you
I also cry when I get hurt…just like you
I also dress up in new clothes on my birthday…just like you
I also like the smell of fresh flowers…just like you
I also like good food…just like you
So how am I different?

My eyes may be a little darker, but that’s only because they have seen sorrow
My face may not glow, but that’s only because I don’t have a closed full of cosmetics
My teeth may not be as shiny as yours, but that’s only because I don’t afford a brush
My hands may be a little dirty, but that’s only because I play with dust
My clothes may smell, but that’s only because I don’t have abundant water supply
My feet may be muddy, but that’s only because I don’t have slippers like you
My English may not sound as good as you, but that’s only because I go the community welfare school
My toys may be broken, but that’s only because they are not new
My bi-cycle’s chain may break thrice a day, but that’s only because it’s not serviced
My notebooks may not be tidy, but that’s only because they are the remains of your last year’s books
Is that what makes me different?
My dear brother, “I have seen the most disastrous time in my life, which is beyond your imagination, an evening when our house collapsed … a night when I had to sleep in the station … a day when I ate a single slice of bread … a day when my dad’s patty earnings were stolen … Still I have lived on and I still don’t envy you…"
You are my brother…my God’s gift…all I expect is a smile when you see me next time…a little moment of brotherhood which shall make my day…

J

Babu…
Staying in the construction site near your 20 storey flat

No comments:

Post a Comment