If I had the Wings to Fly, I would
see the whole world with my eyes
view every wonder of the world
feel the beauty & variety of Mother Nature
smell the fragrance of every flower
touch & feel the most beautiful things on this earth
witness every river uniting with the Sea
listen to every bird singing
cherish the first cry of every baby for his mother
hear every Musician play his Instrument
listen to every man telling his soul mate about his feelings
be the luckiest person on this planet !!!
Then I asked myself, is that all for which I wish to have Wings?
Then I heard a voice which said,
If I had the Wings to Fly,I would have flown
to the country where disaster has struck devastating Humanity
to support the people who became homeless due to a deadly flood
to comfort the mother who just lost her son at war
to hug the father who just lost his daughter in an act of terror
to stand by the youth whose rights are suppressed
to talk to the prisoner who stabbed a man to save his daughter
to reach the Old Age Home, where an old lady is waiting for her son for the last decade
Then I asked myself, “Do I really need wings for these?”
And I got the answer “No I don’t, All I need is the urge to sacrifice the comforts & luxuries for serving others in need of the basic necessities of life”
Again the voice said, “Life is like a flowing river…It never stops…sometimes the banks are smooth and green…sometimes they are rocky and thorny, but you shall never stop until the objective is reached”
And then I recognized the voice, it was of Conscience, and it never sounded that confident.
“Wake before it’s too late, Wake before it’s Time”
No comments:
Post a Comment